Newbie stuff..

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Mr.Tic, Jan 8, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Mr.Tic

Mr.Tic Forum Greenhorn

Hello everyone,
    I was looking for a nice mmorpg few days ago and I bumped into Drakensang Online.
    Now I'm a Lv.12 Spellweaver, currently in the 2nd town (something Kings, I didn't remember it right :D).
    Tanky warrior brutes are not my to my taste, rangers seem ok and similar to spellweavers but something about them isn't right for me I just can't place it.. Oh and dwarves (or little mecha people how I call them in this game) seem a bit... ugly.

Anyway I have no idea where to go even after exploring some outer, higher level areas, I have a bunch of quests to do without any direction except the names of locations for relevant quests. I wonder how new people embrace the quest system, I think it's weird - going trough anywhere you can looking for an "?" on the map? Not what I hoped for but we'll see.

Ok I talk much, probably the awesome-new-game adrenaline coming to surface :D..
    --------------------------------------------
    So I've wondered.. before I start playing like there is no tomorrow, I'd like to know a few things the developers surely wouldn't point out at the website;

1) Is it possible to enjoy all aspects of the game without investing real money in it? If yes, how time consuming would it be?
    Almost any shop NPC I visit in-game has mostly Ardament(?) priced Items, even now these "purple balls" begins to stab me in the eyes as I see them everywhere and all the time;

2) I'm an EU player and I hope to play with english speaking players, yet on my recommended server (Grimog?) absolutely no one speaks english.. I can't talk to anyone, can't ask for simplest advice or something like that.
    What server should I go to instead? I like to team up with people, make friends and chat. :)

I like the game mostly because of the graphics and the cool combat system.
    I hope there are experienced gamers/forumers here who could give me some advice, thanks!

Mr.Tic

2. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

There is a guild section on the forums. Go there and search for a guild. Having one will insure you will find people that speak English.

3. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

I played a year without investing money, and made it to level 40.

You can play for free, but it does take longer. It's a matter of patience. What do you value more, time or money?

As to languages, a lot of local and international players use Spanish and Portuguese. The Forum can help there. Some people use it to advertise for a guild.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  4. Duriastriker

Duriastriker Forum Inhabitant

Since your an english speaker, I'd advise go to Heredur or Agathon.

5. Mr.Tic

Mr.Tic Forum Greenhorn

Oh I thought there would be guilds in-game, ok tnx for info.
    Weird how I never see players cooperating in this game... everyone minding their own bussiness.

Well I'm looking mostly for PvE fun, and I hope it can be done without spending real money or playing until my fingers catch fire and eyeballs roll out.