unqiue gambling

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by loudmute, Jun 8, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loudmute

loudmute Someday Author

instead of trade which most of the people in community wants, one could implement a trade gambling systems where we can bet (trade) unqiues, legendaries, mounts, emotes with the possibility of other unqiues or gears similar to the jesters in kingshill. higher uniques or gears or emotes and mount could be considered jackpot.

2. Szmaciak

Szmaciak Junior Expert

nope, nobody in community wants option of trade, doesn't matter what form of this you show them, EOT.

3. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

When did a 'few' impatient players(twinks) became 'most' of the community ?

thedarkestlight, Goddfree and xEthnic like this.
  4. loudmute

loudmute Someday Author

jester is a form of trade you just don't see it. most want it but stop saying it cos nothing will change. those who doesn't want it because they are too self absorbed that they need to feel they are the only one deserved it. eot

5. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

In my opinion there should be not a player trade.
    Not now, not tomorrow and not ever.
    It will welcome 3rd party sellers, hackers and other losers to ruin our game! It takes lot of resources from staff to control...
    I personally would like to see those resources going to improve gameplay and design and new content.

sirsquishy, Goddfree and _Baragain_ like this.
  6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

No player trades, not even among your own toons. I don't even like the common ander pool, but I live with it.

7. loudmute

loudmute Someday Author

I don't know who are you referring to when you say few impatient players.

When I say most of the community I am referring to those who wants the game to be the best as it it can be that is more unique mounts, dyes, unqiues, great events, less boring grind, better gameplay. If trade can be controlled (from exploits) it can only benefits the game. Not only it brings a new dimension of gameplay it also satisfies some players desires.

8. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

1) Trade or Betting will never be able to produce GREAT events or make grinding less boring :confused:
    2) No player will trade a Lava Hound for a Grey mount or even for the Norse bear. Because everyone knows Lava hounds are awesome :cool:
    Like wise, Players won't trade in such useless offers. More over, you get the Best mounts only once in the gameplay. So, no would like to lose an amazing mounts for another amazing mount, instead players are gonna work on getting those mounts.
    3) Who would ever want to trade dyes? Most of em can be bought with a few anders and Gnob will offer the ones you can't buy with anders and these too are cheap.
    4) Trading uniques o_O? Like they drop every Sunday :p

Trade can be controlled with strict regulations on what to trade and how to trade. These rules will make trade boring than the "Defeat the Undefeatables" event :D:p

_Baragain_ likes this.
  9. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Too true! I've explained so many times how trade could be exploited and only strict control could prevent that. And those strict controls would make trading next to useless.

10. Szmaciak

Szmaciak Junior Expert

No it is not. It is lottery for naive people made by BP. Trade is than when I can buy from somebody thing I want not cat in the sack. Simple. And yes, I don't like lottery too, it is sick idea, by no honest producers of game for players who have problems with gambling and spending money at games too much.
    Just read others posts here about that people don't wont trade, and old topics about it, and others forums of DSO and watch what Greg said about it a lot of times, than later write so stupid things about me like you wrote. EOT is about topic of trade in this game and at this forum, but I think that you-author of this idea and others people like you who want it just don't understand this.

11. loudmute

loudmute Someday Author

You are simply too groomed by the game to see the way BP wants you to think about the game. The bigger picture by making the game better or reach its potential is push the idea where no players hardly has the same mounts, dyes, uniques which is exactly what this forum has been flooded with. Trading is only one simple way to progress this goal.

If you read your own arguments, even if trade is introduced it wont affect you wont it? (since you are unlikely to trade based on your reasoning). But I guarantee you others will if it is introduced.

--MERGED--

I can think of 2 simple way to restrict the trade from exploits: by time and amount.

By time: Introducing cool down time after trading say once every 8 months. Even if a person farm 3 similar unqiues he wont be able to trade it in almost 2.5 years. In this way trade is limited and weighed against fixed time period.

By amount: A person can only trade one unqiues items of each. Example: if a person can only trade gorga quiver once, there is no point farming more of the same unqiue to exploit, instead he would have to farm other unqiues in order to trade which will promote unqiues hunting.

Last edited by moderator: Jun 16, 2015
  12. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Trade is definitely going to affect PVP balance. Strong, tight guilds will share gear and build up ranks of players with optimal equipment.

jthames likes this.
  13. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I can think of 2 simple way to bypass your restriction:
    1. time
    2. amount

Dude go preach to someone else ... everything you said is nonsense.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  14. loudmute

loudmute Someday Author

I don't blame you if you don't understand. But can you post something more constructive next time because this is a forum for discussion, Thanks.

15. sirsquishy

sirsquishy Junior Expert

Player to player trading has been exploited in more than a few games, and it would prove difficult at best to control it effectively and still benefit the players as a whole. Twinking is a huge issue now, player to player trades would only increase this lopsided effect dramatically.

Everyone hates the random generated luck, but at least it is equally frustrating for everyone. Once trading is implemented, that random luck is reduced and invites temptation of finding an exploit.

Personally I would love to see the in game gem merchant allow trades of similar items. While farming, I get lots of onyx which I would love to trade for rubies or sapphires of equal value. Same goes for cyanites or diamonds that I would love to trade for amethysts. There would be nothing to exploit in trading like valued items with a NPC merchant as far as I know, but again currently we are all equal in the random luck so why change it?

_Baragain_ likes this.
  16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Discussion indeed ... it has been discussed countless of times ... ... ...

17. loudmute

loudmute Someday Author

If it has been discussed countless time, then it is a recurring issue which mean many others felt the same way as I do.

Again your post isn't constructive but I don't need to tell you what nonsense is since you already know.

18. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Except that 99% of the time, it is someone who has no clue what they are talking about and are new to the game (new=less than 6 months) and they say "I think it would be great if this game had trade." They don't give any constructive ways to implement it and have never thought through the ways to exploit these systems. The next step is that experienced players and posters like myself, Trakilaki, Novadude, BigPapa, etc swoop in and set these misguided individuals straight. Trakilaki simply has less patience than most when they post first, search second.

Now, if you truly can not see how the system that you described would be exploited, then let me know and I'll write one of my classic walls of text explaining why it won't work.

MANOJ and Dragonnns like this.
  19. loudmute

loudmute Someday Author

I have played the game for 3 years and am a complete free player with no money ever spent (premium or ander). I have 2 lvl 45 characters at medium stats.

I understand this is a heavy pay to win game which means a lot of the functions of the game is simply ways to make players spend money like the jesters.

The reason for my original post was to offer a idea where mine goal (to see the game reach its potential by gameplay and desirability) meets with BP's goal (make players pay to enjoy the game). I believe it can be a win win situation that is why I push for that cause.

If the game has unrestricted free flow trade it would defeat the playability of the whole game which I made it clearly in comment that will not benefit the game.

Being experienced doesn't make you automatically right.

20. jthames

jthames Advanced

Trakilaki simply has less patience than most when they post first, search second.

True, but you gotta love em:).

My personal opinion is that a trade system would serve only to widen the difference between the haves and the have nots. There's simply no way a trade system could ever be fair to all.

As far as gambling, you give two players $5 bucks each and send them to see the jesters, nothing could be more fair. The problem lies in the fact that some seem to have unlimited funds while others, such as me:) have other obligations for our few dollars.

Another gambling venue which is probable fair is the current crafting system. Perhaps fair but one of the most demoralizing aspects of the game. While many who know far more about the nuances of the game than I ever will would disagree, I strongly believe that an intelligent crafting system would be fair for all and present an obtainable and equal goal for all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.