this is so different than fun and challenging

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by falcon1004, Dec 5, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falcon1004

falcon1004 Forum Apprentice

ye ye i get it that the pvp is meant for people who are good at tactics and skills,ideas etc.

BUT drakensang's pvp is the opposite of that
    now i know there are many topics for op classes, getting in the arena with 5lv+ and 10rank lv+ heroes but thats not what im gonna talk about (yes i dont want anything to be changed ((because it never will)) i just want a place to somehow *ease the tension* before i break my pc and everything around it)

so i recently made a 2nd char - dragonknight (f2p) currently 18lv and 26lv pvp
    and going pvp with him (speaking of 1v1) is.... lets say the biggest pain EDIT
    why?

-when i pvp with other dks its ok - its just about who is higher lv (in most cases rank lv) and who has better items (except when the difference is 4-5lvs and one of us has one skill more(in most cases so far 1 stun more) its just spamming skills and seeing who is tougher

-when i pvp with rangers - its up to the ranger - if the ranger is with buckler its almost impossible to win, they run and hit run and hit and even if i succeed to stun them its still not enough to beat them before they beat me (i have to land like 3-4 sets of stuns, which is both my stuns) but as i said there is almost never time for that / when the ranger is with quiver - in 90% of the duels i win (the other 10% are some very well farmed characters that hit rly rly bad and i just dont get the chance to go near them xD )

-and now.... the best class ever... the SW- i will not speak about SWs who use 2handed staff (they still havent learned to play)
    im speaking about ALL other SWs who spam that icy missle, freeze u when u FINALLY, SOMEHOW manage to get near them THS to ur jump or speed boost, and then teleport away spamming icy missles again and again till u just give the EDIT, that is the most annoying thing in the whole universe of pvp in my HUMBLE opinion

I get it that at max lvs, after years of farming good resist gems, spending lots of lots of time (why not money if u can afford it) DK can be and maybe is the most OP class in pvp
    but at the low lvs with lets say equal equipment and gems(ye...like u have 10000000 max grade gems at low lvs) it is impossible for a dk to win vs mage

the slowing effects are ridiculous, being unable to catch up with a mage's movement speed is even more ridiculous and .... i dont know
    i dont know why i expect, as i said i just wanted to somehow share my anger with someone and maybe feel better, i am just literally rdy to hulk smash everything after losing 5 times in a row vs mages

........................... yea whatever
    what i wrote is too much, if any1 reads it, ok, if not its also ok
    xD, ppl say that writing calms u down, so i wrote

Last edited by moderator: Dec 5, 2014
  2. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

For a DK speed is everything. Farm some speed boots. 15-20% speed boost is best.

Readypost likes this.
  3. spiro_spula

spiro_spula Forum Connoisseur

If you are having trouble with ranged classes in 1v1 try exhaustion. If you can't apply damage, make sure they can't either. So run around obstacles and avoid hits. If they get too cocky and come after you recklessly, turn around for a stun and some damage and run away before they can apply damage.

4. BigBongo

BigBongo Forum Apprentice

DK is very OP if you manage to reach end-game with lv40 fame. The regeneration talent is game-breaking.

5. falcon1004

falcon1004 Forum Apprentice

yup i agree with the end game DK, but the road to there (especially the lv 40 fame) is not an easy job

anyway, about the exhaustion..... ye the reason i go 1x1 is the fast fame farm, you either win or u lose and then u go for the next duel
    but to wait 2 min per round for exhaustion.... what is the point of running ? damn it that is not hide and seek game its a duel...."duel"
    and even if i sometime decide to go for exhaustion 5 sec before i am supposed to win, the other 1 uses potion... yeah more and more fun

6. Readypost

Readypost Forum Apprentice

Yep movement speed is your best bet. However, u still need to chase them, -you need decent defensive and offensive stats as well.

7. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Ready post your right and when I play DK that is a con.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  8. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Problem is that since R139, movement speed is much more rare on boots than it used to be. I think that this might have been a move to try and balance the fact that they are now making the run speed gems from the jesters. If you have an older set of run boots, now they are even more valuable, like these Pre-R139 boots:
    [​IMG]
    If only that 3.8 line had been another 5.5-6.0... Sigh!

Amethystine likes this.
  9. Amethystine

Amethystine Forum Greenhorn

Drool....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.