Help choose a bow

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by dannyy868686, Jun 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyy868686

dannyy868686 Someday Author

hey guys, so using the hunter bow I lose 300 damage but gain 0.31 attack speed, so which do you guys think is better, for pvp, and pve, cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Keep both. For bosses and PvE, use the long bow. It will conserve essence and concentration. For PvP, use the short bow. It is really nice and will tear through people. Also, as your rubies get better, that short bow will get better and better faster than your long bow due to the % damage lines.

3. awaroa

awaroa Advanced

is that the warlords set or is the cloak not warlords, because the warlords set gives 15% increase damage to longbows.
    Really you need to put on the best gear for longbows and the bestgear for shortbows to make good comparsion and dont forget to switch veteran skills for short and longbows. And have both bows same level.
    Thats why i play with 1 bow because you will forget (murpys law) sometimes to switch the veteran skill and then you are playing with 25% less damage untill you notice.
    btw i have a hunterbow with better damage/sec then your longbow and faster (1,14) as your huntersbow so keep believing for the better drop or craft to come,
    what are the stats at lvl 46, would be costing lots of glyphs to level it.

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That cloak is the second tier of the Dragan cloak, meaning that it is doubtful he managed to craft one of the 3rd tier cloaks or he'd be using that one instead (both because of the guaranteed max stats and the set bonuses).

5. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Well, Baragain already gave you a most spot-on answer, so I'll just +1 that, as both weapons are cool. Congratulations on having got them. Oh, and nice Lost items you've got there as well!

Wait... I didn't get the "lose 300 damage" part. I only see a difference of about 25 damage...

6. dannyy868686

dannyy868686 Someday Author

thx guys! yeah I figured hunter bow will get much better when upgraded and when rubies get higher, nah I was 2 cloaks of from upgrading it before the event ended =( was kind of gutted, I think its best to switch to the powerful witcher 3 bit set when I have draken I guess?

yea was looking at my sheet damage went from 1125 to 850 (max dmge) but the speed makes up for the DPS, glyphs is 700k and gain like 10 damage from 45-46 for hunter bow,

E: well ignore the damage after reading the post I realized I hadn't switched the 25% dmge from talents XD, dmge go's from 1125 long bow to 989 hunter bow, I think i'm going to go with hunter bow as switching talents when not on preim could be costly and after a couple of glyph upgrades and rubies it will be more damage then long bow anyways.

7. kaxalelo

kaxalelo Forum Apprentice

I got shortbow with longbow stats, anyway keep searching for better one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.