Improved Preloading: We need your support!

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Oct 27, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Greetings Heroes,

We need some support from the community! ​

The new release brings an improved preloading version. The newest test version will be available this evening on the stable client.​

Steps to change live client to test/stable client:​

1. Right click on the client icon - click on Properties:
    prop.jpg

2. Locate the target field and add the following information after …exe”:
    SPACE BAR (1 empty space) -stable (see on the picture below)
    stable.jpg
    Please post your feedback until tomorrow around noon CET.​

Your Drakensang Online Team

2. VMmage

VMmage Someday Author

Oooh.. a dual color progress bar. The Required/Optimal split is probably a good idea, I logged in after the Required part finished, and decided to try the Daily build, but it wouldn't let me in. So then I picked the Regular build, cycled through my characters, it seemed to work OK. I logged out, and it looks like the preload continued in the background, I then let it complete downloading. The Daily build selection still did not work (not that I'm surprised).

Suggestion: Fix the code to *NOT* wipe the -stable parameter from the target in the shortcut when installing new client code. The way it works now make you look like a bunch of idiots (that doesn't surprise me, either).

If you plan to allow people to use the Thin Client for both the regular and test servers, you might want to enhance the client code with a -location parameter so that we can keep shortcuts for both the live client and the stable client.

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Not working for me. The client has no "preload button" ... and i don't want to update to newer client version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.