Sabotage 8/8

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by .Baraba., Nov 7, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .Baraba.

.Baraba. Advanced

Can you tell me how game perform a random selection of julov appearance? In a last 3 days I played Dragans excavation site map 32 times and didnt find julov. Is this deliberately set out not to complete the task??

2. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

The great Random debate has been going on in the Forums for ages. DSO will never give full, hard answers, because it's core to their game, and proprietary knowledge is how they make enough money to survive. Competitors and hackers don't get any help.

Some will tell you randomness comes from a random number generator, a basic feature of programming. The frequency of drops is determined by the programmer, and by glitches and errors from a number of sources. Things that don't drop often should have a different table of randomness, with fewer hits that give drops.

Others will tell you than there is no true randomness in the game. Marketing only needs to sell the appearance of randomness, and it is much cheaper and simpler to program a few variables to give variation to the drops.

It really doesn't make much difference. If the game is working right, the drop rates are controlled by DSO. As players, we just need to figure out the what works best for us. Most of us enjoy the challenge, but victory is more fun.

3. .Baraba.

.Baraba. Advanced

I know that random or lets say RND function in not random like function name make you belive. But there is no chance that is normal to play one map 37 times, after your guild members also runs about 20 times, to find finaly monster that you need.

Darwarren likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.