Steam Mechanicus is it a good class?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by drakensangaccranger, Nov 5, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drakensangaccranger

drakensangaccranger Forum Greenhorn

I was just wondering if this class is good. Any comments?

2. Slitrobo

Slitrobo Forum Connoisseur

Yes, and they will be making it even better in tomorrow's update.

drakensangaccranger likes this.
  3. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

At present the class is a super challenge to make beefy and have high damage output. Basically they are to squishy and the mechanics to play them well are very tough. All the other classes have learned how to avoid their key skills which gives them an isolated nich in PVE against stationary bosses, and in PVP as flag runners, in those the excel.

The good news is that their weaknesses have been identified and they are being "balanced." What that entails is yet to be seen although we know tomorrow(R138) they will get some specific upgrades.

I've played all the classes past 40 and SM is the most challenging to play, we'll see how that goes over time.

4. drakensangaccranger

Update? Hmm. Cool. How so?

--MERGED--

Thank you for your honest and experience-based comment. This really help.

Last edited by moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  5. Slitrobo

Slitrobo Forum Connoisseur

6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Awesome for pve against bosses thanks to mech turret; easier to load up on level 40 uniques in temple if you want those thanks to the 10% unique drop boost skill which is nice for farming junkies, worst class for pvp except for flag runners in 5v5 with the level 35 fame iron dwarf boost.

Hey, 39% hp boost for uniques. I was already at about 6100 hp and 3300 armor with my uniques (full level 44 leg essence set + 3 deep sea set + sparks belt + vargulf shield), it'll be really interesting to where i am after the update.

7. drakensangaccranger

What is your passive skill build?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  8. Piipero

Piipero Junior Expert

i'd like to point out that the 39% hp boost does NOT affect all unique items. I don't know which but not all of them. "Increased the efficiency of hit point enchantments on certain unique items by about 39% (this also affects existing unique items)."

9. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Out of the stuff my dwarf had, it did not impact the hp bonuses for legendary essence set or the deep sea set. It only impacted Sparks. I have the belt and the gloves, but only use belt. As a result, my hp only went up to 6200. Boooooo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.